C&W Future Leaders Making a Difference Today
Cushman & Wakefield's Future Leaders Group, which started in the San Francisco office, has grown to cover the U.S., as well as Canada and Mexico. There are now more than 800 "CWFLers." CWFL was founded on what is called the Four Cs: Collaboration, Community, Continuing Education and Communication. To date, the group has exceeded expectations in every single category.
2012 CWFL highlights:
- The Philanthropic Initiative – CWFL sponsored more than 35 events in 25 markets across the U.S. The group raised in excess of $600,000 for many different deserving charities.
- Webinars – CWFL sponsored several teaching sessions on topics from learning about our research capabilities to cold-calling techniques.
- Team Building – CWFL held team-building exercises across the country capped off by the "Build-a-Bike" session in Las Vegas.
- The Toastmasters Program – Public-speaking sessions gained traction in the Manhattan office.
CWFL also went through its first succession plan with the appointment of Elisa Konik, Jordon Rovito and Will Strong as the new leadership team.
The CWFL program is of paramount importance to Cushman & Wakefield, which aims to be "the employer of choice" in the commercial real estate sector.
CWFL Mission Statement
To create a network of rising professionals within Cushman & Wakefield which, through Collaboration, Community, Continuing Education and Communication, will grow individually and collectively.
As professionals, we will strive to advance our careers, the Cushman & Wakefield brand, and the company's vision to provide the most creative and innovative services to our clients, becoming the best at what we do.
CWFL operates on both a regional and local level. All C&W and alliance offices are encouraged to develop CWFL communities and programming locally. The organization is guided by a Steering Committee and Executive leadership who help promote CWFL's core mission. CWFL's primary activities are organized around the "4 Core C's":
1. Collaboration: Facilitates CWFL Annual Symposium, Educates CWFL about C&W service lines, Promotes integration and CWFL network.
2. Community: Promotes C&W-hosted charitable events, Shares best practices for event development, Oversees Philanthropic Initiative.
3. Continuing Education: Facilitates best practice sharing; Encourages professional development opportunities.
4. Communication: Keeps CWFL membership informed, Maintains CWFL Twitter, LinkedIn & SharePoint, Manages external CWFL public relations.
CWFL hosts an Annual Symposium, monthly webinars, and quarterly town halls. On a local level, regular events are held such as happy hours, networking, panels and charitable events.
All C&W employees (including Alliance members), across all service lines, with less than seven years commercial real estate industry experience are encouraged to join C&W's Future Leaders community.
Giving Back Across America
Cushman & Wakefield Future Leaders strive to create and implement a philanthropic event out of every C&W office. With a nearly 90% participation rate, the results are unbelievable and a source of pride for the community and entire firm.
Local communities were positively impacted by both financial and social results. Highlighted are several marquee events representing just a few ways our professionals are living the values of C&W every day.